University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Illinois is a national and global leader in education and research, attracting the best students from across the U.S. and over 118 countries. Our students learn from a world-class faculty who have won the world’s top honors for their research and discoveries. We take pride in ensuring students make the most of their time here, both in and out of the classroom.
Here are a handful of Essential Illinois Facts:
- 31,901 undergraduate and 10,982 graduate and professional students
- Most diverse public Big Ten university
- Over 50% of undergraduates are involved in academic research
- #1 in the Big Ten for starting and mid-career salaries (PayScale 2012-13 College Salary Report)
- 3rd most recruited undergrads in the nation (Wall Street Journal’s Top 25 Recruiter Picks)
- 150+ programs of study
- 66.5% of classes have fewer than 30 students
- 22 Nobel Prize and 20 Pulitzer Prize winners among faculty and alumni
- 400+ study abroad programs in 60+ countries
- 3 interconnected honors programs for high-achieving, high-ability students
The Stamps Scholars Program at the University of Illinois recognizes and rewards exceptional students for their leadership, perseverance, scholarship, service, and innovation. The scholarship covers the total estimated cost of attendance for eight semesters and includes $12,000 of enrichment funds to support study abroad, undergraduate research, unpaid internships, professional conferences, and other approved activities.
Potential Stamps Scholars are selected during the freshman admissions process. From our highest achieving students, we focus primarily on the quality of the honors and awards, leadership, involvements, work experience, and essays contained in the admission application.